A report released by the CDC revealed that smoking is responsible for more than 400,000 deaths annually. Each year, more scientific data surfaces, revealing more facts that confirm just how deadly cigarette smoke is. There are multitudinous reasons why it is imperative that you quit smoking so that you are able to live a normal healthy life.
This article will briefly reveal why you should use some of the effective methods that are currently available to overcome your smoking habit once and for all.
Death and Smoking
- The 400,000 deaths that are directly connected to smoking account for 20 percent of all deaths in America.
- 90 percent of all deaths associated with chronic obstructive lung disease can be attributed to smoking.
- Over 90 percent of lung cancer deaths in and 80 percent in women can be attributed o smoking.
- If smoking was completely eliminated, 33 percent of cancer deaths in America would be totally eliminated.
- Cigarette related deaths in America surpassed deaths caused by illegal drug use, HIV/AIDS, motor vehicle injuries, murders and suicides combined.
In addition to the deaths that are caused by smoking cigarettes, there are numerous degenerative illnesses that can also be associated with smoking cigarettes.
- Smoking increases the risk of coronary heart disease by as much as 4 times.
- Smoking cigarettes narrows arteries, which places the smoker at risk of conditions such as hypertension and peripheral vascular disease
- Smoking can also be the cause of an abdominal aortic aneurysm
Take the time to engage your smoking problem, you will truly enjoy the healthier you